Compensation Claim: How a Lawyer Can Help You

About Me

Compensation Claim: How a Lawyer Can Help You

My name is Fran. When I was involved in a road traffic accident, my world was all shook up. Not only did I have to spend some time in the hospital, meaning that I couldn't go to work, I also had to deal with the insurance company. All of this would have been overwhelming if it wasn't for the fact I had some legal help. I had never had to instruct a lawyer to act on my behalf, but it turned out to be the best thing I ever did. My lawyer was able to file a claim for compensation which covered the cost of my medical care and the earnings I had lost due to my injury. Now I am back to full health, so I decided to start this blog to help people who need a lawyer.


How A Public Notary Can Help You With An Overseas Transaction

If you want to conduct business overseas, you may want to rely in part on your Australian affairs to back up any government dealings or financial applications. This means that you may need to provide proof for the foreign entity who will want to rely on more than simply your word. While you may certainly be able to turn to appropriate documentation "back home," you may need to go through some additional steps before you can present those documents to the foreign body. So, what do you need to know about this procedure and the need to engage a public notary?

The Notary Process

In Australia, a public notary is an individual who has been certified by the government to act as a legal officer. They are allowed to draw up and certify contracts or deeds and can say whether a particular document is a true copy.

In this situation, you may need to take the original copies of your valid documentation to a public notary. They can then generate a notarial certificate, to which they will then add a signature and stamp.

Certify Academic Qualifications

For example, you may want to present an academic qualification as proof of your suitability for a position. So, you could take a diploma, degree or other transcripts to a public notary for their attention.

Confirm Business Documents

Or, you may have business-related documents, bank statements and other information to support an overseas venture. You should get in touch with a local notary public to ask them if they can confirm that such documentation is authentic. This professional may then need to perform some independent investigations before they can attest and generate a new notarial certificate.

Proof Of Australian Company Formation

You may also need to employ the services of this individual if you want to prove that your Australian company is legally incorporated. You might think that you can simply refer the foreign entity to the Australian Business Register. After all, this organisation has a specific "look up" page where anyone can find information about a company through its ABN. But the foreign body will invariably want a hard copy as proof, suitably notarised.

What To Do Next

As you can see, a notary public could be of great help as you try to pursue your overseas initiatives. Speak to a legal service in your area, such as BSG Lawyers, to learn more.